Saturday, May 14, 2011

Oh la la Paris!

When we arrived in Paris, we looked at how to get to the right train station that would get us to the Elmers' house in a small village outside of the city. We were just off the plane, trying to get our legs going (never mind our sleep-deprived brains) and looked at French and English signs that were oh so confusing. A man standing next to us heard what we were looking for, took us under his wing, and led us to where we had to go, explaining everything on the way. I must say, I was still thoroughly confused, but Adam convinced me that he knew what was going on, so I went with that.One airport shuttle and two metros later, we arrived at the train station that would take us to the village. We decided that enough was enough, we HAD to see some of the city! We walked out of the station, and the first thing we saw was a small 'Crepes' restaurant.

We (or I) decided then and there that it was
time for lunch! Mmmm, whole wheat crepes with ham and cheese (and mine had tomato
es and
something green...not sure what, but it was really yummy!).

Oh yes, and as you can see in the pictures, it was beautiful weather! Warm with a slight breeze... just lovely!


So after we went for a walk
down several of the Parisian streets, we hopped on the train (definitely NOT meaning in a literal way here) and went to meet the Elmers'.
We got to the house w
here we are staying for a couple days and immediately fell in love! Love the people, the house, the surrounding area, etc.




After freshening up a bit, we headed out for a walk in the forrest. It was a lovely time, sobeautiful and quiet. I do not remember the last time I was as relaxed as I have been here in the village. It's wonderful!














We got back to the house and had a scrumptious meal, then went for a walk through the village.














(Here's a taste of what the village looks like. We have many more beautiful pictures, but me thinks I'll save some for when I get back ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment